“With the current global economic situation, drivers are busier and more stressed than ever,” said Rajesh Rudraradhya, Chief Technology Officer at Lytx. “These driver-centric tools are an investment in reducing the burden of their day-to-day work, helping them stay positive and motivated while performing an essential service we all rely on.”
New features available today in the Lytx Driver app include:
• Video – The Lytx Driver app gives drivers quick access to video recorded by Lytx DriveCam® event recorders. A scrolling stream of video clips provides an objective overview of past journeys.
• Self-coaching – By taking advantage of video playback capabilities, drivers can track their individual performance and focus on improvements where they need them most.
• Performance Metrics – Drivers can access performance trends over a 90-day period, giving them the ability to track their progress, proactively manage new risks and celebrate improvements. This visibility gives drivers the crucial information they need for long-term progress.
• Driver Recognition – The Lytx Driver app also allows drivers to compare their performance to others, and managers can use the data to set up recognition programs for outstanding safety performance – directly in their Lytx account .
• Route Risk – Available free to everyone, this feature helps drivers avoid or manage potential hazards on the road. It alerts drivers to slow traffic, accidents, adverse weather conditions, crosswalks, children playing, wildlife crossings and other potential hazards. Lytx’s database analyzed over 50 million accident reports representing 10 years of accidents across the United States to highlight potential hazards. Route Risk is currently available on iOS only.
• ELD Compliance – With the intuitive Lytx Driver app, drivers can easily log ELD HOS status and perform vehicle inspections from their tablets or smartphones. The dashboard and driving log make it easy for drivers to see when they are on duty or not, and when they need to take a break.
• Driver ID – Drivers can easily access their individualized QR code along with instructions on how to scan it, eliminating the need to carry and manually scan a physical badge.
Drivers can access these and other features on the Lytx Driver app on their Android or iOS devices when not driving.
“When drivers have access to tools that allow them to excel at their jobs, it can translate to better engagement, higher job satisfaction, lower turnover and safer driving,” said Kristin Costas , Director of Product Management at Lytx. “This, in turn, allows managers to focus more on managing their operations rather than monitoring individual drivers or technicians in the field.”